WORSHIP LEADER OF MUSIC AND MEDIA
The church may decide to retain a Worship Leader of Music and Media by vote of the church and designate such duties as it deems necessary. The responsibility of the Worship Leader of Music and Media of Hillcrest Baptist Church of Dyersburg (HBCD) is to lead and oversee the music ministry and media of the church and to oversee the Senior Adult Ministries.
Qualifications: The candidate for the Worship Leader of HBCD must be a Christian and Southern Baptist. The Worship Leader of HBCD is expected to be well trained in music and vocals. The Worship Leader of HBCD is expected to play, at a minimum, one instrument. Requirements for the position of the Worship Leader include a confirmed call to vocational ministry in addition to a call to minister to Senior Adults. It is required that all Ministerial Staff have membership in HBCD after employment. See By-laws Section I. Item E. for quorum definitions. (Amended 6-9-2019)
Duties: The position of Worship Leader of Music and Media of HBCD is a full-time position. Hours per week will be scheduled with the Senior Pastor.
The Worship Leader of Music and Media of HBCD is responsible for the entire music and media ministry of the church. The duties of the Worship Leader of HBCD include but are not limited to:
Preparation of musical worship for Sunday services
- Planning for special music for each service
- Practicing as needed with the Adult choir
- Practicing with the accompanying musicians in preparation for weekly services
- Working with volunteers to accomplish all media needs of the church (graphics, livestreaming, lighting, sound maintenance, etc.)
- Preparing special holiday musical presentations
- Other duties as assigned
The Worship Leader of HBCD is expected to oversee and work with the existing leaders of the following:
- Children's and youth music choirs
- Handbell choir
- Any other additional choir or group organized by the church
- Organization of the music library
- Senior Adult Ministries
The Worship Leader of Music and Media will be tasked with keeping the Senior Adults of HBCD engaged in the ministry of the church and continue to affirm the value of the Senior Adults of HBCD to the life of the church.
The duties of the Worship Leader of HBCD, regarding the Senior Adult Ministries, are to include but are not limited to the following:
- Visitation (particularly directed toward the Senior Adults of HBCD)
- Establishing relationships with Senior Adults to evaluate their particular needs and developing ways those can be met by the Church.
- Overseeing the monthly gathering of HBCD Senior Adults (Young at Heart)
Please submit your resume to:
Hillcrest Baptist Church
825 HIllcrest Ave.
Dyersburg, TN 38024